Why, Hello there! It has been quite sometime since my last entry and I feel like there are so many things to talk about! Looks like I will have to leave some things out…but I decided to do a 2 part series to break down the past month. One with Field Ministry experiences and this one with everyday life occurrences. All new pictures should be uploaded as of now…although I am lacking the time to put captions on them...so hopefully the picture says it all!
First of all, we finished our last Kingdom Hall in Chillan. We were with the Construction group a total of 3 months (April thru July) and had such a great time. At times the schedule was pretty rigorous and tiresome, but we had fun nonetheless and felt privileged to be part of the worldwide construction that is going on! The last few weeks of the project were especially difficult for me personally. I got sick…nothing serious…but it lingered and I basically had to stay in bed 2 days! No fun! Meanwhile, when I was at home, I burnt my face on a nearby lamp. A burn the size of a ½ dollar. It was just one thing after another! Once I returned to work I had to explain to everyone what happened. I tried to think of a clever story that sounded better than what actually happened…(my face falling on a lightbulb)...but my creative story-telling skills are not that sharp in Spanish. Come to think of it… probably not that great in English either! I tried to cover the burn with my hair but it was decided I needed to have this ugly yellowish color cream on my face and apply it 3 times a day. I could tell people had a hard time not asking what was wrong with my face. One brother thought it was avocado! I can’t complain..The cream worked like a charm and everything healed up pretty nicely. The last few days of the project I got to work up on the roof. Great view of everything and so peaceful. Its no wonder that there are so many roofers out there. At one point I was coming down the ladder and missed the very last rung of the ladder and fell. I thought it was a possibility that no one noticed, but I was mistaken. I forgot there were 10 people around and once they saw I was okay they burst into laughter and said they felt the ground move and everything. Another nice bruise to add to my collection!
It sure was sad saying goodbye to the group because we had become like such a family. I was tempted to call some of the young boys on the team “Cameron” because they would tease me and act just like a bunch of little brothers. The last family bible study on the site was a good one. To read one of the scriptures, I raised my hand at the same time as the Chilean Stephanie in the group. The brother called on me saying “Stephanie..the English version” I then said “Okay. Gracias. But…If I’m the English version does that mean I can read the scripture in English? Please?” My request was not granted.
They are constructing in a nearby town, Pinto, and we went for the day yesterday and we are hoping to be able to go to another project in the future for a day. Maybe when Brad and Jenelle get here! We are so excited about our upcoming visitors!! In one month exactly we will be having the special visit from our brother/sister! Yahoo! We are thinking of all kinds of stuff we can do with them when they come. New foods and places and people to introduce them to. I’m sure they will like the lifestyle just as much as we have!
I can’t get too ahead of myself now. One month away! Until then… we are now in the village Puertezuelo. Remember when I said we visited this village to work their rural territory a few times? Yeah..we are back! And we are here a total of 3 weeks! The sister we are staying with is named Andrea. She is from Mexico and we actually met her back in January when we toured bethel. She has such a neat story too. Where she came from, how she came into the truth, etc. And she speaks perfect English too! Andrea actually learned the truth in English in Mexico and was attending all the meetings in English…so now it is her first time in a Spanish speaking congregation! She says there are still things she needs to learn in the truth even though it is her first language. Other members of her family have learned the truth because of her. Since January we seem to keep running into her and she always tells us to come visit her at her house in Puertezuelo…so now here we are! “she just made us come!” We are VERY happy with our decision thus far. First of all the weather has been absolutely perfect. It was sunny 8 days in a row! We have a good routine between the 3 of us…the morning starts with our breakfast and consideration of the daily text with assigned comments. We are all in agreement that we want to eat healthy and keep active…so that’s good as well! We have been doing Zumba, Running in the neighborhood, hiking up the mountain…not to mention all the walking in service! We all take turns cooking lunch..(it’s the biggest meal of the day)..and read a portion of the yearbook. Think I mentioned it already…but there are 17 publishers here…14 in which are pioneers or special pioneers. The majority of the group here are under the age of 30..and are all from different areas in Chile…coming to help out where there is a need! Puertezuelo is about 45 minutes from Chillan. Not sure if you could find it on a map! Any serious grocery shopping or errands have to be done in Chillan. Jenesia and I went recently and even got our hair done! Not too drastic of changes..
Okay…so I think that is a little bit of a summary of everything going on. The preaching work has been phenomenal! That’s why I’m dedicating a whole other entry to this topic. To be continued…
Un abrazo con carino-
Stephanie

No comments:
Post a Comment