Monday, April 26, 2010

Patagonia Dreams...


Hola! Thanks for the emails. Sorry about not writing back personally, but the internet here in the library is soooo slow. I don´t know how everyone has so much patience here. That is definitely a quality I have to cultivate!
So..yeah...the past week has flown by. Candace and I have had some pretty good results in our ministry. During the week I had found a teenage girl who accepted the magazine and wanted us to come back during the weekend. I told her I would but had forgotten we were to be out of town all day on Saturday to preach in Tortel. Sunday after meeting Candace said ¨Stephanie, that call of yours...you gotta go back today.¨ It was pouring rain..and the house was pretty much on the other side of town..on the top of a hil.. We made our 20 minute trek in the pouring rain while confident that Jehovah would bless our efforts in some way. When we arrived, I hollered outside the house a few times.. ¨Allooooo¨ (They dont usually knock here) No answer for about 5 minutes. Then...low and behold..the door opens! The whole family was sitting around the table and invited us in. We talked about a variety of subjects and their worries about the future. We were able to leave scriptural thoughts and found out that the mom and daughter had studied in the past,but the special pioneers that had studied with them moved away. They wanted to restart their study! We set up a time to come back and left a bible teach with them. Later in the week I saw the mom in the Plaza and she asked me if I still plan on coming to study. I toldher I was still planning on it! We have had 2 studies since then and I have the perfect sisters to turn the study over to.
Last week we had the visit of the CO and the week just flew by. They are a very sweet couple that were serving as Special Pioneers for 13years or so and have been the the circut work for almost the same amount of time. They are new CO´s to Cochrane..before they were serving in Punta Arenas. We enjoyed their visit very much. Juan and I did a Mexican lunch for them on Thursday. Enchildadas...Spanish Rice...Salad...Chips..Guacamole. It turned out great! Cheesecake for dessert! I was thinking Flan would have been a better combo for dessert..but oh well! It still turned out well!
Candace left last friday. It was sad to see her go but I don´t think I can competewith an assembly part interview. Hopefully she did well...the part was yesterday! It was nice having her for the time I did!
Juanitos partner Fredi leaves the assignment tomorrow. He is getting married in July...so we did a big goodbye party for him last night. It was an Äsada¨..AKA..BBQ. You should see how they do their BBQs here. They kill the animal themselves i think...and hang it up outside...wow. I thought they BBqed a Pig. I decided to try it since so much work went into it and i didn´t want to disappoint anyone by not atleast trying it. I start eating it and realize the flavor is different. I ask Juan what I´m eating. He says ¨Oveja...Sheep¨ I put my fork down and look at him thinking hes joking. Nope. He then says ..´¨welll..its the male version...its goat..¨ Yikes. Still didn´t help. I slyly put the rest of my meat on his plate! The rest of the party went well...Dancing..singing...playing games. A very good time.
Well...i think that about wraps it up for now.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Abrazooos. CariÑos! chaoooo
Steph

No comments: