Well, here I am, back in Chile! This time as a married woman!
We arrived on Friday Sept 30th after a sleepless flight.
The goodbyes were sad as to be expected. I cried as I waved goodbye to my parents and when
I couldn't see them anymore, I cried even harder. I cried as I boarded the plane. If I made eye
contact with other passengers, they gave me their looks of pity as I made my way through the narrow aisles hitting them with my excessive baggage. My layers of clothing had me sweating profusely (no big surprise!)..so when I sat down I was in dire need of hydration. I opted for a glass of wine nonetheless. It took the edge off. Good ol' Chilean wine. I tried to sleep and thankfully I had brought my own pillow, but what I had forgotten is that we stocked the pillowcase with tons of clothing. In the end it was a great idea and I just used the airlines tiny, itty bitty infant pillow.
Nonetheless it has been nice spending time with the family. It should be Spring right now...but its still a bit cold. I finally got into the routine of getting up before 9! Went in service the past few days. Yesterday afternoon I went with Patty on some of her studies and on the way we had to take the micro (bus) because it was a little far. Lately I have been lacking coordination and language skills unfortunately. As we were getting up and walking down the aisle to exit the bus, Patty stopped to leave magazines and talk to a lady. I followed her and while saying hello, I fell backwards into the seats on the righthand side of the bus! Right on top of a teenage girl. I couldn't control it! I could barely get back up to my feet. Once I did I asked the girl if she was okay and if she was sleeping....she said she wasn't but she was holding her shoulder in pain. I apologized multiple times and got off the bus with Patty laughing hysterically. Ooops.
The following bible study made up for it. Patty had studied with this woman like 5 years ago...when I first came to Chile. I remember Jenesia and I went on the study and we all sat under this fig tree and ate figs while studying. The lady remembered as well! Well...eventually Patty stopped studying with her because she wasn't attending meetings. A few years went by and the lady made changes and now restarted her study and is attending the meetings. Her 2 sons also ASKED Patty for a study and they are doing very well.
We had a great time.
Last week Juan and I had to go to Santiago to make sure we are legally married in Chile. It just so happens that it is going to take 3 months for us to be legally recognized as married here. Crazy! I tell everyone we have separate rooms and have to have a chaperone with us at all times. I think some believe us.
Its funny cuz in his 6 months living in the states, Juan got attached to some people as well as things. For example, as we were in Santiago, we passed by a small store and it had a can of Dr. Pepper in the window. Chile doesn't have Dr. Pepper. Juan got so excited and decided to get one. $2 for a can of Dr. Pepper. I asked the lady if she knew of any other places that sold Dr. Pepper but she said she doesn't think any other places sell it. Oh..and we were able to go to a Starbucks too. We got a Frappucino and Juan opted for a cheesecake, but he said it wasn't like Gramma's.
Okay...that about wraps it up for now. Miss you all! Hope you are doing well!
ABRAZOOOSS!
Love-
Stephanie & Juan

1 comment:
That was so great to read felt like we were there with you, can't wait to hear more :-) miss you guys.
Love rocky and Jason
Post a Comment