Hola Hola Hola!
It has been a fun filled weekend of spiritual activity! Feels like we have been here much longer because of how Jam-packed the days are. Plus..it doesn´t get dark till 9:30. I love it. Last friday..we intended on going in servicio..but we didn´t meet up w/Janel until later in the afternoon...by then the troup had already stopped service..and the only option left was the pool! We got to swim and eat in a nearby resteraunt and relax a little. At one point..while Janel and I were in the pool...it seemed like some nearby people were playing some game of "who can get closer to the gringa"! We were busy talking and up pops this person...took us by surprise! It seems like we all stick out like a sorethumb. People have no shame in staring. So...i just stare back! These two little girls in the metro kept staring and pointing...so i finally said "hola! Como estas?" Ha..don´t think they were expecting me to talk to them.
We hadn´t realized that our lugguge would be such a big dilema in the metro.. It took us twice as long as we had anticipated. In the metro...my lugguge pulled me into this pole and I caught myself right before I slipped and fell. Then..just when I thought I was safe and took a seat...my coke exploded...well...i dropped it..and it sprayed everywhere! I opted for the hot pink luggage so I dont lose it..and so no one wants to take it!
We had meeting w/Janel and Joel on Friday night..which ws nice...they had some special announcements w/ 3 new Ministerial servants and 1 new elder. The congregation had recently split..but was still a good size. After meeting...a brother named Yuri was waiting for us. Him and his wife Gabi live about 45 min from Santiago in a city called Maipu. And yes...we laugh everytime we say it! We got to the house a little late and stayed up talking even though Saturday was the District Convention!
There are various locations for the Conventions in Chile...and the one we went to is in Trebult. It is outside and definitely puts the Cow Palace to shame! :) So beautiful. We ran into some friends from 3 years ago..and also the sisters that we had stayed w/ at the bethel. The morning session we sat back pretty far so it was difficult for me to concentrate...and the accent seemed so hard to understand!! Thankfully by the afternoon...we sat closer. Still difficult tho. :) The bathrooms were chaotic. No lines...just sisters walking everywhere...unorganized..even standing outside of stalls. Kinda funny.. I should have taken a picture. Attendence: 6667 people
On Sunday we went to the sign language congregation where Yuri and Gabi are serving. We practiced our comments and had them down by the time we got to the hall. Sign language is growing SO much in Chile! 7 congregations just in Santiago. A big need. 25 people or so were at the meeting. It was a lot of fun. Thankfully Gabi would whisper to us what they were saying...but she would be saying it in Spanish..so we had 3 languages flowing thru our heads! I accidently said "stupid" instead of "worried". Good thing it was caught BEFORE my comment.
Now...we are in Donihue. Its a city about an hour from Santiago. We are staying w/the Ponce family. Juan,Patti, and Vanessa. We will be here for 2 weeks. Thus far it has been great. We went in servicio yesterday late afternoon/evening. We rode bikes! Bible studies..return visits...beautiful countryside. Had a great bible study w/ a 21 year old girl. We were trying to encourage her to come to the meetings! Vikki and I didn´t get back until close to 10! Well worth it. The oldest son of the family...Juanito has been serving as a special pioneer in the south of chile. He is visiting right now and leaves tonight for another assignment...way way down in the south of chile..takes days to get there by car or bus. It has been nice hearing his experiences and seeing pictures from his travels.
I uploaded more pictures w/ captions so you can get the feel of it all. More stories...but they will have to wait! Hope everyone is well! Nos vemos pronto.
Mucho amor-
Estefanie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow - so many neat experiences already and you still have several weeks to go! I can't believe you went to a spanish sign language congregation. I would have been so lost! Good thing you're a smarty pants! :) xoxo
Hola chicas!!! espero que sigan estando bien, he leido sus experiencias!! es precioso tan solo imaginarlo, que mas lindo sera vivirlo a diario. Que Jehova las siga protegiendo!! Disfruten de sus dias alla!!
Abrazos!!
Post a Comment