Monday, December 22, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

So...the countdown is at about 20 days at this point! We are both getting pretty excited. Still a good amount of preparing to do...but not stressing out too too much! Although...I have noticed that I have been savoring everything here with the thought of "man! they dont have this in Chile!" I feel like I should not being doing this....but its hard not to do....so...I decided to make a list of the things I will miss and hopefully writing them down will be some type of therapy to where I won't have to dwell on what I'm lacking! Here goes:
Hot/Warm Showers (a rarity)
Coffee (only instant there) no starbucks :(
The Gym (atleast walking is physical activity)
Snowboarding Season (we will be dead in the summer)
Speaking English (hopefully I won't be a mute this time)
Basketball (watching/playing) soccer here i come!
My protein bars/snacks/food(can't bring food in the country!!)
My car (I'll survive though)
My bed (no explanation needed)
Musical Instruments (cant bring guitar or piano in suitcase)
Hair Dryer/Straightner (all natural girl)
Family
Friends
The "Miss List" isn't necessarily in a certain order...(hence the family and friends being at the end)...but now I got it off my chest and I can be even more positive about the trip! I'm sure the positive list will be longer. Adios!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Do they have Leatherby's in Chile? Hehee.. glad you got to enjoy some ice cream before ya go! Yum! That was good.... (Don't forget our girl night before you leave!!!)

Anonymous said...

Ok Steph I am all caught up on the posts from your first Chile trip and I was laughing so hard at the part about your last name meaning "Cannibal" in spanish and pretending to put the salsa on the brother's arm and eat it.

It was great seeing you over the weekend. Looking forward to your posts from your upcoming trip. :)

Jen